Tuesday 16 September 2014

- George at Asda Haul

Yesterday I went a little trip to Asda for some *ahem* essentials. I was mainly going to have a look at the clothes in George but nothing really took my fancy so I thought I might as well pick up some make-up items. Since I was already there, it was really the most sensible thing to do, right?




George Super Boost Foundation No.1 Ivory Silk £4 - I always enjoy trying new foundations and I think this caught my eye because the packaging reminded me of the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation packaging which is the foundation I'm currently using. I'm not sure how great it will be as it was pretty cheap for a foundation but I'll give it a go.




George Velvet Eye Palette No. 9 Earthquake £4.50 - The next little bargain I picked up was this neutral eyeshadow quad. I haven't properly worn these eyeshadows yet but I swatched them on the back of my hand and the pigmentation isn't the best. It may be better with a base or primer underneath but I'll just be using this as a day-to-day palette for a quick sweep of colour over the lid so I'm not that bothered if they come out a little more subtle.


Mini Clock £2 - So I'm sure you've spotted by now that this is in fact not a make-up item but I decided to include this random purchase in my haul anyway as it's just so cute. It's probably hard to tell from this picture how small this clock is but if you look at the first photo in this post the size of it compared to the nail polish bottle shows how tiny it really is. I'm sure I can find a big enough space on my desk for it!



George Gel Pro Polish No.3 £3 - As Summer seems to officially be over and we are now coming into Autumn I thought I would embrace it with a gorgeous dark nail polish. One thing you should know about me is that I love nail polish. I have so many bottles yet I can never resist picking up another one*


Orly Nail Polish Luxe Freebie - *or two. Here we have further evidence that I am a sucker for nail polish. In my defence, I didn't technically buy this as it came free with October's Cosmopolitan magazine. I saw a few bloggers posting about this freebie and got nail polish envy so decided to grab myself one. I've never had an Orly nail polish before so I'm looking forward to trying it. In the mag there are four available shades: this one (Luxe), Monroe's Red, Passion Fruit and Nude. I went for this one as, despite my massive nail polish collection, I've never really had a shade like this.

Have you tried any of these products or purchased any little treats recently?

Julie x

6 comments:

  1. I havent tried anything from George makeup line yet, might have to head over tomorrow after the gym haha!

    animpatientscottishgirl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can I get some George foundation?I live in texas

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can I get some George foundation?I live in texas

    ReplyDelete