Monday 4 August 2014

- Frozen Yogurt Pops

This summer we have had some surprisingly good weather in Scotland (which of course didn't last and I can now hear the rain bouncing off my window as I type). The sunny days made a great excuse for plenty of ice cream but I'm sadly not going to lose weight munching McFlurrys so I wanted to make myself a healthier alternative - Frozen Yogurt Pops.


I decided to use cake pop moulds so that they were a nice small snack size but if you wanted to make them bigger you could always use normal ice lolly moulds that you would normally freeze juice in. I got the cake pop moulds and sticks from Poundland and you can use whatever yogurt you like. Today I went for one tray of Yeo Valley Peach & Apricot and a second of Muller Light Smooth Toffee.

Making these is simple:
- Spoon the yogurt into the bottom half of mould
- Place the top half of the mould on
- Insert the lolly sticks
- Put in the freezer for a few hours

As you can probably tell from the picture below, I filled up the moulds a little bit too much with yogurt so they spilled over the edges when I put the lid on but I'll know for next time!

The cake pop moulds are designed to have cake which will rise into the shape when baked so because I am not doing this the yogurt pops can turn out a bit skew-whiff but they still taste great. I am really pleased with the result and think they are the perfect refreshing snack on a hot day (and with only one ingredient they are also really cheap and easy to make). 

Julie x

No comments:

Post a Comment